Monday, December 15, 2008

Add Signs Symptoms

What are some signs and symptoms of ADD, or attention deficit disorder? Some might say it depends on the kind of ADD you have, and there's several different schools of thought.

There are THREE characteristics:

- inattentive, NOT hyperactive or impulsive.

- hyperactive and impulsive, but can pay attention.

- innatentive, hyperactive, and impulsive (the most common type).

Yes, these are all different types. Not all of us are disruptive; I'm certainly not. I'm rather quiet, mostly because of my stunted self esteem. I'm afraid of saying something stupid and being embarrassed about it later on.

I think there's a stereotype about kids with ADD - that they disrupt class and can't stop being little terrors, but that's so far from the truth. I was a daydreamer who never bothered anyone (well, maybe I got on my teacher's nerves for not paying attention, but that's a different story).

We come in all different flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment